Terms of Service
Grant of RightsThe rights granted here under shall include sale of digital goods (ebooks and audiobooks) and physical goods.
You irrevocably grant to Groundswell Enterprises, LLC ("Groundswell") through out the world, the non-exclusive right
(1) To digitally publish, copy, distribute, sell, market, or otherwise exploit (“Publish”) the content that you have submitted (the “Work”) on the BackMyBook service (the "Service").
(2) To collect all income deriving therefrom.
(3) To use the name(s), photographs and likenesses, artwork images, biographical and other information provided by you or the author's whose content is Published in Groundswell’s marketing or promotional activities.
Groundswell has non-exclusive rights to Publish the Work until the Author of the Work decides to unPublish the Work. The Author may unPublish the Work programmatically in the Website or notify Groundswell via email or writing to remove the work. After receiving notice, Groundswell will remove the work within 5 business days. Groundswell reserves the right to deny or remove any work from the Website at its sole discretion.
FeesGroundswell keeps a 15% revenue share on gross proceeds of the unit price of the item. For other charges, such as shipping and taxes, Groundswell keeps a 5% revenue share to cover the cost of processing these charges.
Payments(1) Groundswell will pay you 85% of the gross proceeds resulting from the unit price of the item. Groundswell will pay you 95% of the gross proceeds resulting from other charges, such as shipping fees and taxes, assessed during the sale of the item.
(2) These payments will be made on a quarterly basis, approximately one month after the close of the calendar quarter.
(3) These payments require the Author to accrue $100.00 or more in royalties. If the accrued royalties are less than the $100.00 threshold, Groundswell will delay payment until the payment period such that the accrued royalty exceeds $100.00.
(4) If an author terminates his or her contract with the Service, any royalties due to the author will be paid at the next payment period. See Payments item (2) above.
(5) Payments will be made via paper checks mailed to the Author’s address of record or through Paypal.
(6) If Groundswell overpays royalties, such as in cases where fraudulent or unauthorized purchases are charged back to Groundswell after royalty payments are made, Groundswell will deduct the funds owed from the Author’s accrued royalties.
(7) In order to collect royalties, the author must provide: (a) a billing address in the United States, (b) a US Social Security Number or a US Federal Employee Identification Number In the event that Groundswell has, in its reasonable business judgment, reason to suspect that you account has been subjected to and/or involved in fraudulent activities, Company reserves the right to withhold royalty payments until satisfactory resolution and/or explanation of the suspected activities is obtained.